https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Merry Monday #73 & Festive Friday #16

Two card challenges in one
Merry Monday #73 Here
Festive Friday #16 Here
 PTI's Holiday Sparkle and old stamp set but new to me in Kraft, Pure Poppy and New Leaf
Paper is from My Mind's Eye - Merry Little Christmas
So I have not been able to craft for over a week.  Had my granddaughters on Tuesday and have been working on my Sorority Scrapbook that I have had all summer to do but had only done a couple of pages.  Wednesday was our first meeting so wanted to get it done for that night, but alas that would not happen.  I got an email that one of the guys where I used to work was having a little retirement party at 11:00 that day which I had forgotten all about.  So I was planning on going to that and that would not happen either.  My brother called who lives with my dad and said he was acting strange.  He had had a seizure so I needed to go over and look after him.  My brother was leaving to go do a job and would be gone for 2-3 days.  Later that same day he had two more so I ended up having to call 911 and spent the rest of the afternoon in the ER.  My sister got there about 5:00 and I was able to go to my meeting to get away for awhile.  But then spent Thursday and Friday at the hospital.  He was pretty out of it most of the days.  My sister is just now bringing him home.  All because he is a stubborn 93 year old and didn't want to take his seizure meds.   Hopefully, he will now because he doesn't like being in the hospital.   
 

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a darling little tree, Linda! Sounds like you had quite a week! I hope your Dad will take his meds. The hospital is no fun. Thanks for bringing this card to share with us at Merry Monday!

Colleen said...

Cute card, Lin and the little tree is sure darling, love how you added bling to it!

Lesley said...

What a cute card, Linda. So sorry to hear about your dad, sounds very stressful and worrying. Thank you for joining us at the Merry Monday Christmas Card Club Challenge!

Unknown said...

This is really lovely Linda! Love the little tree and the papers :)
Lizy xx

Marybeth said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad, glad he is coming home. Keeping him in my prayers.
Your card is beautiful , love the papers and the sweet tree.
I bet you are so proud of Colleen. And it's only human to be just a tiny bit jealous in a very good way…shhh we wont tell. ( oh you already did) :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I hope your dad takes his medication,
Best wishes

Ardyth said...

Such a pretty card - I love the kraft base and the shimmer of the pearls! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I love the layout, and what a FUN tree! Good to see you again this week with us at Festive Friday!

Julie said...

Lovely!

Geri said...

Sounds like someone needs to jerk a knot in Dad's tail!!! Hope he's doing better! So glad you found some time to join us at FF with this sweet creation...we always appreciate having you! Love the little embellished tree!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning! Your tree is just amazing an that bling is so festive. Love it!