https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MUSE #14 Card by Virginia Lu

 
My card for the MUSE Challenge which you can access Here
 
 I like the design and colors but wanted to change it up a little so used Butterflies (my personal favorite) for my background.  This was a technique that I learned in the Clean & Simple Card Classes by Jennifer McGuire.  Masking the focal point and stamping around it.
PTI Butterfly Dreams using Harvest Gold, Blueberry Sky and Raspberry Fizz inks and Harvest Gold Pattern paper and cardstock

13 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is fun - great use of the butterflies and the heart as your masked shape! Wonderful take on this week's Muse - thanks for playing along!

Myrna said...

Linda
This card is wonderful with its bright colors and butterflies.
Myrna

Colleen said...

Fantastic card, Lin...love those butterflies! They work perfect for this technique!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully stamped card, Linda! I love the butterfly stamp that you chose! So glad that you join the fun for this week's MUSE challenge!

Jill Norwood said...

Oh I love this! I wish I had taken that class! It looks like it would have been wonderful! :)Jill

Gillian R said...

Very pretty

sandie said...

really beautiful, love the heart mask, a great idea and a great take on the Muse card

Greta said...

Great masking & wonderful take on Virginia's card!

Michelle said...

Wow, Linda! I love how you've stamped the colours separately! Beautiful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Great masking - I completely forgot about this technique - maybe I should review my class notes ;)

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I love those butterflies and how you stamped them in various colors! So creative! :)

Neets B said...

Fabulous stamping Linda, really lovely design with the masked heart :)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card! Great use of the butterflies and colors. I love the heart shape too!