https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

CAS Mix Up April Challenge - Inlaid Die Cutting

I almost always do butterflies or flowers so thought I would do something completely different.  I used this PTI Let's Party Die after sponging on Distress Inks.  Then used Stick it Paper so that the pieces didn't pop out.  Jennifer McGuire uses this technique.  I think I did something wrong even though I attached another piece of cardstock on the other side of the stick it, one piece still popped out as they all would have done.  So had to tape the back with Micro pore tape and got it to work.
  Anyway it worked out in the end.  Used a Cuttlebug EF for the background.
Don't have any stamping so this may not qualify.

Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

Bonnie said...

The stick it paper is a must for all the pieces in this fantastic die, Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Beautiful colours and texture Linda. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Birgit said...

What a fun card and great color blending Lin! The embossed background is perfect for those brightly colored balloons.

Marcia Hill said...

GREAT card Lin! Love the look you created with the inlaid die cutting...SO cool! You are on a roll lately my friend and I am enjoying seeing all your lovely, lovely cards! :0)

Nancy said...

First off, what a great card! It's sometime fun to step out of our comfort zone! Love how well you blended the background too! Sorry I have been so quiet! No excuse just life! HUGS!

nancy littrell said...

Hi Linda, Love your inlaid technique. I used it on my DT card. I used scotch tape on the entire back that works great, but you do have to insert all the pieces like a puzzle. How about if you add a stamped and pop up sentiment so you meet our requirements ? TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Greta said...

Oh wow--a real eye-catcher, Linda--just beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Great idea to use the stick it paper to hold this together after die cutting - when I want the pieces to stay in they never do and when I want them to come out - they don't! Beautiful colors on this inlaid die panel - so pretty against the white embossed background Linda! Thans for joining us in the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx