https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Friday, March 6, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #113, Colour Me #61 & Addicted to Stamps & More #134

Oh my, what a fiasco trying to get this card done.  I have never had any trouble with smearing Versafine, Onyx Black Ink until Colleen and I heard it on a couple of videos this week saying it is pigment ink.  Well, I sure found out with this card.  It took me about 2-1/2 to 3 hours to complete this because I kept getting splotches of black ink on the white.  It was on a sheet that I had masked off the oval and sponged it but I had to cut the oval out and start over again. just insetting the oval.  I was not about to sponge this over again.  Then I forgot the sentiment and had already popped it up so tried with the Misti in case I needed to re-stamp, but there were a couple of hollow spots so we added more pop up tape and that worked but then when I took it out somehow there was more black on the white so that is when I cut it out and inset it.  Whew what a time!!!!!
Sponged with Distress Inks, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey &  Dried Marigold
PTI's Petite Pots, Keep It Simple Sympathy
Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle
Nestabilities Oval
I am entering in the following 3 challenges
 
Clean & Simple

9 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You've done a great job Linda despite the issues ... sometimes things never go to plan do they.
Love the colour choice and a perfect challenge combo card.
Thanks for playing along at ATSM challenge
Sarah x

Kara Lynne said...

Oh you poor thing! What a time you had! It turned out fabulous! It's a gorgeous card!

Kim Heggins said...

OH my...so sorry. Well for all the trouble you had it really turned out beautifully, really, just stunning. Well worth the time you spent. Enjoy your weekend.

Tanja said...

love your Distress Ink background - thanks for sharing your card at Colour me...!

Deborah Frings said...

This is really bold and beautiful. I do like the combination of challenges - lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

sandie said...

Well done for keep going and IT was well worth it, the colour is fab. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Hannelie said...

Linda this is really really beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at CTS!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

JUst gorgeous - love the orange - one of my favorite colors! Thanks so much for playing with us at ATSM this week!