https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Seize the Birthday #259 Shirley Alcohol/Inks or Drinks


This week, Shirley would like us to use either Alcohol/Inks or Drinks on our cards.  I went with inks. I made two cards for the STB Challenge.   I was initially going to just post the second card, but it didn't turn out like it did in my head.  I ended up using some different flowers and it's better than it was originally.  And I really liked how the first one turned out.  These were AI panels that I had in my stash, from a play day that Colleen & I had.

The first one is PTI's Foliage Bold Borders Die
The second is Gina K. Foliage Fillers Die
MFT's Gerbera Daisy Dies
Gina K. Flower Garden Stencil



If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours!





Thanks for stopping by.




13 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What great use of your AI backgrounds. Love the die on your first one, it works so well with the AI and I really like the soft inked background on your second card xx

Nancy said...

Well, I like them both! I love how the cover plate turned out on the first card as the leaves look incredible, and then the second card's background looks amazing in light grey. Both are a bit different but both wonderful.

Colleen said...

Wonderful cards, Lin, love the backgrounds from AI we made, so fun to pull out when in a pinch or making a card for an alcohol challenge...*wink!

Barbara said...

I could certainly take a lesson from you with your alcohol ink backgrounds. I love both of these cards and now I am going to take a better look at my outtakes to see if I could make them work for me.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such pretty use of alcohol inks!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards using AIs, Lin! Love the leavy frame on your first cards paired with the peach ... so pretty together. And the second is fabulous ... purple and green are awesome together. Love the pretty dies over your stenciled background. Great work! xx

JulieP said...

These are both stunning. I am particularly drawn to the wonderful background stenciling on the second card. Your inked backgrounds came out so nice for the die cuts!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful diecuts from AI inked pieces, Lin! Love the flowers & leaves on the first and the stenciling and daisies on the second!

shirley-bee said...

Your alcohol ink backgrounds look fabulous as flowers and leaves, Linda. I love the subtle background stencilling on the second card.

JoAnn said...

I love them both, they are so pretty. Your alcohol ink panels turned out great and glad you shared both cards using them.

Cathy said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda, amazing colours on the first one (love that leafy frame too!) The stencilling is the perfect background on the 2nd one, pretty floral layout too, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Ah, but both the cards look absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I love the look of the stains of the alcohol ink on those solid die cuts and I'm definitely trying this next time (need to look at what solid dies I have!!) And I love that ombre shading in the second card as well. Such a different look when compared to the first card. Love them both!

Glenda J said...

Both of these are so lovely! The colours are so fabulous and really pop on the white.