https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Seize the Birthday, #257 - Make a Child's Card



Hello, this is Linda and it is my turn to host STB
I would like to see a card for a child or in my case for children.
Please join us and come see all of the inspiration by the team.

Connor, Anna & Justin
October, 2018

Justin, Connor, Avery & Anna
Christmas 2022
Avery is the youngest of Brad's older girls from his 1st marriage.  The two older girls are still in Washington.

Some of you know, but for those who don't, that is the reason my sister and I moved to Oregon from Washington to watch these babies grow and help out the new family.   My son was promoted but the job was in Oregon and the babies were about 15 months.  I just couldn't imagine not seeing them as they grow.  The triplets will be 5 in April and it is so hard to believe.  It seems like they were just babies.  Plus, I had an extra bonus in the fact that my BFF of over 60 years, Colleen, (One Smile Lifts a Spriit) lives only about 20 minutes from me.  So, it was a no brainer for me to move down here.
The kids were assigned a color at birth, Lol.  They each received a blanket, Connor got the green one, Justin the blue and Anna the pink.  So needless to say, to help them keep their toys, clothes separate, we have all followed the color scheme.  The colors are depicted in the balloons.
These babies are such a blessing to us.  

 MFT, Number Fun 5 & Beary Special Birthday colored with Copics.
Gina K's Master Layouts #1
MFT Cloud Stencil


I would like to welcome Hilary Wrightas she will be our next Surprise Party Guest for the next two months.  Welcome, Hilary!  We are so happy to have you!

We also have Deborah Wheeler. with us today. She was the overall winner of our last challenge using our topping.  Welcome, Deborah! We are so happy to have you with us as well! 


If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours!




Thanks for stopping by.




15 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I can see why you put monkeys on your card as those 3 must be a handful at times, but how amazing to watch and help 3 little people grow up. The years go by so quickly. I love your card, it is perfect and thank you so much for the very warm welcome xx

Lisa Elton said...

Linda, your card is darling, but your grandchildren steal the spotlight! How sweet!

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Lin, but of course the photos once again steal the show! So hard to believe they'll be 5 next month...where has the time gone?! LOVE the Christmas photo...they just keep getting cuter and cuter!! Hugs. :0)

Barbara said...

What a special story and I am so glad that you told us about them. Making a special card with lots of meaning is so much fun and those are the ones that I like making most. It was a great challenge as you can see that I made more than one card for it.

Brenda in IN said...

I love that they each have a color and the balloons show that. Cute monkeys and great coloring, Linda. They are so cute in their matching Christmas clothes and getting so big.

JoAnn said...

Adorable card with that cute image and great coloring. That is a neat idea of each one having their own color. Always love reading about them and seeing the sweet pictures.

Bonnie said...

I guess you had to do this times 3! It's hard to believe they are 5 years old. I have enjoyed watching them grow through your blog. It's such a blessing for all of you that you can be close by.

Colleen said...

Super fantastic card, Lin! I think these monkeys are so fun and the fact yours are turning 5 is unbelievable! Great coloring my friend!

Nancy said...

This card is just darling, Lin. I love that you took the time to give us some history, most but not all I already knew. I can't believe they are turning 5 already! I Love the polka-dotted five and your coloring is really great!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Those 5 monkeys are so cute! The triplets are adorable :)

Cathy said...

Such a cute card and the pics are gorgeous, what a lucky grandma to be close enough to spend time with these sweeties! Cathy x

shirley-bee said...

What a great card for your 5 year old triplet grandchildren, Linda! I love that they’ve been colour-coded :). Our grandson lives on the other side of the world :(

Ashwini Rao said...

What a cute card for the adorable triplets! Those monkeys do look like baby monkeys themselves and so cute as well. I love how you've incorporated the triplets' colors into the balloons. Lucky grandma and lucky grandkids!! <3

Glenda J said...

Such a cute card! Great bright & cheerful colours and great cloudy background. Thanks for the challenge.

Vikki H said...

Squeal, it's so fun to see the grands all dressed up for Christmas! It's always a good thing to live near family and be a part of their memories.