https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Thursday, February 23, 2023

Seize the Birthday #256 with JoAnn


Our new challenge at STB is hosted by JoAnn and she would like to see red, white and one more color on your cards.  Come see what all of our talented DT's have posted for your inspiration.  Join in the fun.


If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours.

I used a background stamp by MFT, Never Ending Love, that Colleen brought over for a craft day.  I made a couple of them for future cards.  Since it was red and white, I thought it will be good to start with.  I found this cute Memory Box Delicate Butterfly in my dies and decided to use it.  Cut another circle in red from the Stitched and Scallop circles by MFT?, and used it to back up the butterfly.  I popped it up and used some Gina K. Black Pearls for my third color.  The sentiment is from Gina K's Big Birthday.
I really love how this came out and it came together so easily.  Love when that happens.


Thanks for stopping by.



16 comments:

Darnell said...

I love the way you turned up the ends of the sediment to lay perfectly under the circle, Lin, and how the black mat and bling bring the eyes right smack to the star butterfly. I also like how the openings of the butterfly match the swirly heart background. It might have been simple, but it looks like a very well-thought-out design! Hugs, Darnell

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is wonderful, Linda. Black is the perfect added color. I love your design. Thanks for a great run at Seize The Birthday!

Brenda in IN said...

I love that background stamp and it's perfect for this card. The white butterfly pops against the red and the card is so cheerful.

Colleen said...

Fabulous card my friend! I love the hearts background, that is a nice one for any time of the year, not just Valentines! You made it your own with your signature butterfly! So beautiful!

Nancy said...

That heart background is wonderful, Lin! You have an eye for layouts too as everything blends so well together. Of course, that butterfly is stealing the show. Well done!

Loll said...

LOVE that background stamp. It makes the perfect backdrop for your bright red circle with lovely butterfly. Pretty card Lin! xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Linda. Everything works together so well and the butterfly just pops on the red circle die cut. The background stamp is perfect. Love it.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Lin! Love that background and the pretty butterfly!

JulieP said...

Your butterfly just pops off the bold red! So, so pretty!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card Linda, love the heart background, looks like a versatile stamp! Gorgeous butterfly too, Cathy x

Barbara said...

This was a fun challenge using two colors and adding one more. I love all of the different luxe and designs that I’ve seen on this challenge so far. I love how your red and white card shows off that challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun bg with the pretty bfly

Glenda J said...

Such a lovely card. Perfect choice of background for that fabulous butterfly.

Claire said...

Your die cut butterfly is so delicate and pretty, Linda - I haven't seen that one before. You can never have too many butterfly die cuts and it looks so dramatic against the red!

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I love the squiggly heart background - it could be the flight path of the butterfly!

Ashwini Rao said...

Everything looks so cool in this card! The heart filled background looks fab and the circular frame and the butterfly look so perfect! Amazing card!!