https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Monday, May 26, 2014

PTI's MIM #166 Debossing Stamped Images by Dawn

My card using Dawn's technique debossing using dies.
You can play along MIM # 166
I had some trouble getting it to deboss rather that half cut, so I had to watch the video again.  This is probably my 5th or 6th try.....It worked once I got the pads in the right places..
PTI's Meadow Greens in Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy
I ran the Berry Sorbet ink pad along the side to create the edge so that it matches the flower, a technique used by Jennifer McGuire.
I am waiting patiently for my BFF, Colleen, who is coming today after her granddaughters vollyball match.  She has been here in Bellevue since Friday for a tournament.  She will come and stay until Friday which is always so much fun.

6 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Miss Linda, I can see by your fabulous card you wasted no time giving this week's MIM a try. Your card is fabulous and I love the stamps you choose for it. So perfect! Enjoy your time with Colleen too, so excited for both of you and very jealous too!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, Lin...I love this stamp set and you executed it terrifically with this technique.

Pamela Johnson said...

Yes this is a beautiful card Linda, using this new technique. I hope to experiment with debossing soon. Love PTI

Darnell said...

This ended up so pretty, Lin! I haven't done debossing yet and I'm dying to try. I think it would be cool to be able to use dies either way, but when I have tried anything (like impression plates) that use pads, I want to tear my hair out. My sister will be here for a long weekend and then after the first I'm hoping to try this and also get back to the wc where I'm STILL back at Day Five. I know, it makes you want to cry, but I'll get back to some sort of calm routine soon! Hugs to you both, Darnell

Marybeth said...

Oh no, 5 th try. Well it was worth it because it's beautiful! Great choice in stamps ,Linda.

Patti said...

Oh I am so glad you stuck with it because your card is outstanding!!

Hope you have a blast with your BFF : )

Patti