Well, this is not what I started out with this morning. I made a Faux tile that Julie Ebersole did in a video in an On-Line Class. I used the backside of a card stock that had been stamped on before and when I finished with my project it showed through because some of the paper came off, so I just wasn't liking it. And that was the second one I had done. The first one, I did completely
wrong. Oh my, some days are like that.
However, I really love how this turned out. Using my MISTI to line up this 3 step flower makes it so easy and beautiful. However, it took me twice to do this one too. YIKES....
Ok, so this took me all morning to do this card because when you use the MISTI you expect perfection. I still have trouble lining up the middle of the flowers as you can see. It took me about 4 times to get it this good and it still isn't perfect.
Wow, struggles with this to try to come up with something different but alas it's pretty ordinary.
I have been using my new MISTI. What did we ever do without it? It is so amazing, but I'm still in the first stages of playing with it, so still had some problems. I thought the issue of getting smudges on it would be over but not true. I think I had more trouble today.
PTI's Basic Background - Birthday Fun in Pure Poppy
Misc Christmas stamp set colored with Copics BG000, 01 & R22, 24, 27 & 29
Sponging on Distress Inks, then used Versa Mark on a stencil and clear embossed it.
PTI's Patterned Vellum
Embossed with Liquid Platinum
Then the scary part was to rub black ink all over the card. But it worked pretty well.
Colleen and I are busy playing away. It is 10:30 pm and time to call it a night.
Another card using a technique by Jennifer McGuire. Sponging a stencil with white pigment ink and then moving the stencil over just a bit and sponging with the color of the cardstock for a tone on tone look.
Oh my, what a fiasco trying to get this card done. I have never had any trouble with smearing Versafine, Onyx Black Ink until Colleen and I heard it on a couple of videos this week saying it is pigment ink. Well, I sure found out with this card. It took me about 2-1/2 to 3 hours to complete this because I kept getting splotches of black ink on the white. It was on a sheet that I had masked off the oval and sponged it but I had to cut the oval out and start over again. just insetting the oval. I was not about to sponge this over again. Then I forgot the sentiment and had already popped it up so tried with the Misti in case I needed to re-stamp, but there were a couple of hollow spots so we added more pop up tape and that worked but then when I took it out somehow there was more black on the white so that is when I cut it out and inset it. Whew what a time!!!!!