https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Seize the Birthday #290 Retro - Jules





Jules is our host for this STB challenge, and she would like us to make a retro card.  Come and see all of the inspiration by our DT's, play along and add birthday cards to your stash. 
 I actually made two cards.
The first is PTI's Simply Jane (an oldie for sure) with some Echo Park pattern paper and a piece of Vintage Hues Vellum by Stamp on It, given to me by one of my favorite stamping friends, Darnell.  This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I like how it turned out.
The second is Sugar Pea You're My Type.  I used Prisma Pencils and Gamsol.  

Our "Topping" option this time is...




If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just

stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours!




Thanks for stopping by.




11 comments:

Birgit said...

Hi Linda! Both cards are lovely! The vintage card came out fantastic! You are very good at this style. You should definitely do more like it. ;0) I'm late in telling you thanks so much for the lovely birthday card. I meant to do this sooner but then life got in the way. Thanks so much for thinking of me!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the cameo. It reminds me of my grandmother.

Nancy said...

Two great cards, Lin! When I saw the Cameo, my first thought was brilliant.

Barbara said...

Just by using retro papers and images, you got two great cards. I love them both.

Colleen said...

Both of your cards are fantastic Lin! Love your first one, using all those retro papers and the silhouette (I have that stamp set too). And I have the old typewriter...so cool!!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background for this sweet silhouetted cameo, Linda! And your coloring of the typewriter is perfect! It looks like the one I tried to learn on.

Cathy said...

Two wonderful retro cards Linda, gorgeous mix of papers with the cameo silhouette and what a cute little typewriter, perfectly coloured, Cathy x

JoAnn said...

Both cards are great. Love the colors, papers and the cameo image on the first card. The second card is perfect too. Love them both.

Loll said...

Two beautiful retro cards, Lin. The first card is a lovely mix of pretty silhouettes and patterned paper. Your second card takes me back when I first learned to type in high school with a manual typewriter. :) Great work! xx

shirley-bee said...

Two gorgeous retro cards, Linda! The cameo is so pretty and I love the retro typewriter.

Glenda J said...

These are both so great for the retro challenge Linda. Wonderful colours on the cameo card and I'm always a sucker for a vintage typewriter.