https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Color Hues #80 Red & Pink


A card for the challenge at Color Hues  Growing up we never would have put red and pink together as we thought it would clash.  I think it goes perfectly together.

I used part of Gina K.'s new kit, Modern Floral with her inks.  I love how this turned out, but struggled a bit on getting the layers correct after watching her video several times.


I love the new look.  Ty did a great job.




Thanks for stopping by.




6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

It sure looks perfect to me Lin, and I too love the look of PINK & RED together now, but thought the same thing about it clashing when I was younger! Guess there are some good advantages about getting older! I did not get Gina's kit this last time and now I'm kicking myself after seeing all these lovely cards made with the modern florals, and yours is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend! So glad you shared it with us at Color Hues...we always love seeing you in the gallery!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

I love that new set and especially this flower. You did a wonderful job and the colors are so perfect together.

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Lin! I totally agree with your comment about putting pink and red together. I still don't think I could wear it but I definitely like it on paper. Thanks for being in the gallery at Color Hues!

Darnell said...

What a fun design, Lin! It's a great way to use the colors! I went to the same school of thought you did back in the day with the mix of red and pink - also green and blue were never put together, right? It wasn't until decades later when I started making cards that it occurred to me how dumb that idea was. After all, grass is green and the sky is blue and Someone thought they looked pretty good together, lol! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Sweet card Lin! LOVE how you've used the challenge colours. xx

Cindy Beach said...

Lin, I see pink and red together in the most beautiful gardens and they look fabulous on your pretty card! The layered florals give this such a fresh and modern look. I love it! Great to see you in our gallery at Color Hues!