https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Saturday, January 4, 2020

CAS Watercolour January 20 & Seize the Birthday #180

After struggling quite a bit trying to do some watercoloring, I finally was able to create this card for 
I first tried watercoloring a floral bouquet and that just did not come together.  I just have so much trouble with water colors.  I tried the wet method and dropping in colors using Distress Inks, but it just didn't turn out.  So I decided to do some watercolor smooshing and finally after some struggle again came up with this background.  
I used Rubberneck Butterflies are Free stamp set and used my Ziggies. 
Cottage Cutz Nested Stitched Scallop Oval dies

I have had a happy week being in my craft room several days.
So much fun....


I am also entering into STB

Thanks for stopping by.




12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad you are finding time to be in your craft room and you are getting fantastic results! This oval background is so pretty with the deep colors and the butterfly is beautiful! It doesn't look like you struggle with watercolor. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

Linda your butterfly is beautiful, gorgeous cool colours. I'm glad you persevered.

Loll said...

Glad you persevered Lin. Your background is gorgeous. Love the deep saturation of green/blue. So pretty with the white oval and beautiful purple butterfly. Great work! xx

Patti said...

Whatever brought you to this beautiful card Linda - it sure was worth the effort!! Really!! pretty friend. : )

Patti

Brenda in IN said...

Green and blue together are my favorite blend and this looks great. I can't seem to do water color well either but I can smoosh pretty well. My goal this year to to learn water color better and also to make scenes. After seeing Maria and Kara make those darling cards at the retreat I want to do that too. Your butterfly is so pretty and I love those scalloped frames.

Marcia Hill said...

So glad you persevered Lin as your card turned out BEAUTIFUL!! I just love blues and greens together so you couldn't have gone wrong there, and your purple butterfly is the icing on the cake! Lovely, lovely card my friend and so glad you found time to play in your happy space! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour...we love seeing you in the gallery!! :0)

Trina P. said...

Yay, your perseverance paid off, Linda! I can relate... I struggle with watercolouring too. Your smooshed background and butterfly are rich and beautiful. You nailed the colour palette.

Maria said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Love all the pretty colors! And, the pretty butterfly in purple is so sweet! A wonderful take on the color palette! Happy New Year to you and family!!

shirley-bee said...

Pretty card, I love the butterfly perched on the oval. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous birthday card....love that beautiful green and sweet butterfly.

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty edge on your oval die cuts Linda - your background came out lovely as well as your beautiful purple butterfly! keep working on the watercoloring (I'm struggling with it too!) thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful colour blends Linda,
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
:) Karen