https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Seize the Birthday # 254 - Colleen - Candles



Welcome to our second challenge this month at STB
The talented Colleen wants us to use candles on our cards.  Do you ever have subjects that for some reason you can't make a decent card from it.  Well, birds are one for me and also candles.  But this is a little bit different from all the other cute cards that people make with candles.  I do like how this turned out.
Come join us in the fun.  The DT's have lots of great inspiration for you.


If you're not a toppings kinda person, well...you can just
stick with our usual "Anything Goes" Birthday!
The choice is yours!


Gina K's Master Layout 1 and her double stitched circles.
Winnie & Walter Ring in the Celebration stamp set with CP inks
Gina K's Layered Confetti Stencil


Thanks for stopping by.




14 comments:

Barbara said...

The first thing that I was impressed with is the colors that you used for this card. Next, I really wanted to reach out and spin the circle with the candle in it. It really got my attention.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

The color scheme really caught my eye on this one, and I love the circles of candles, hearts, stitches and words. Very pleasing to the eye. I am happy to join the team as Surprise Guest. Thanks so much for having me.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lots of interest on this card! It came together beautifully

Colleen said...

Lin, the colors were the first thing that grabbed my attention when you showed it to me in person! And I love all the interest with the confetti in the background. lOVELY CARD MY FRIEND!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with candles Lin, but you sure wouldn't know it with this card...love it!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

Fabulous colours Lin! What a fun card with all the birthday confetti in the background and your sweet cupcake and candles. I'm with you, I have trouble with certain things on cards too ... candles being one. :) xx

Nancy said...

I don't love candles either, Shhhhh! You pulled it off perfectly, Lin. The background looks like paper.

JoAnn said...

I too love your color combo Lin. I had to take a closer look at the circle of candles around the cute cupcake. Great card.

Julia Aston said...

Oh, what a great stamp for the candle theme Lin! Beautiful colors used on this too! Julia xx

Bonnie said...

I love the borders around your cupcake, Lin! It's like a party!

Cathy said...

Such a cool design, I love the colours too, the recipient will love this card, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

I love the soft colors in your card, Linda, and also the neat design. The background is looking like a pattern paper! Awesome job with this one (even though you claim otherwise!!)

shirley-bee said...

Now that’s a LOT of candles! Love the use of coordinated colours on the focal piece and the background.

Glenda J said...

This is really great! Fabulous choice of stamps and terrific colour combo.