https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

PTI's Make It Monday #336 with Laurie


A card for this week's MIM

I am creating this card at my BFF's house.  It was a spur of the moment trip for me as my son, Brad had to come to Portland for a work trip and Ramie was unable to come with him at the last minute.  So, I texted Col and asked if she would like a visitor for 4 days.  And she said yes.  Although we haven't had any marathon days in the craft room it is just so nice to visit.
She's still recuperating, it has been a long road for her, but she is getting there.

PTI's Meadow Greens, Especially you and Bold Borders Foliage on Scarlet Jewel and Rustic Cream Cardstock

Laurie's card

Thanks for stopping by.




12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

BEAUTIFUL card Lin!! I love the lighter frame against the darker cardstock...so striking and the gilded leaves are FABULOUS! So glad you're able to spend some time with Colleen...I'm sure she's enjoying that as much as you are!! Hugs to you both!! :0)

Bonnie said...

I love this leaf frame and the gold ferns,Lin! Putting them on that dark red background gives this card such a rich and elegant look! Enjoy your time with Col!

Nancy Penir said...

So glad you got to visit Colleen! I can just see her smile and know you brought good times to her healing! Lin, I saw your card on Pinterest, and it took my breath away! GORGEOUS! I can see the gild glow on your top photo and bet it's even more stunning IRL. Hugs to you both!

Kim Heggins said...

stunning card linda...so beautiful. love the gorgeous colors.

Patti said...

Oh my gosh : ( I am such a bad friend!! I didn't know about Colleen's knee surgery (I just dashed over to her blog to see what was up) Please give her a big hug for me!!

Your card is actually stunning! by the way : ) Beautiful challenge.

Patti

Helen F. said...

Oh how fabulous you got to visit Colleen PLUS got to do a little crafting as a bonus! :-) Your glimmery leaves are absolutely gorgeous and that Bold Borders Foliage frame is perfect for this challenge, Lin!

Birgit said...

You're such a dear, sweet friend Lin! I'm sure your visit was just what Colleen needed to lift her spirits. Your card is stunning! The ferns are so beautiful done with this technique.

Kathy Mc said...

Linda, your leaves just glisten against that Scarlet Jewel base. Great combination! Happy healing to Colleen and enjoy your visit.

Colleen said...

Fantastic card, my friend...you always manage to pull wonderful things together for challenges...unique,different and always amazing!

Greta said...

How wonderful you could spend some time with Colleen! I know she's feeling better just because you were there! I thought about using the ferns as well as the leaves from Meadow Greens, but in the end I just used 1 leaf. Still need to do something with the other leaves I guilded. Anyway, your card is beautiful & you've made me sorry I didn't get that frame die!

Greta said...

Hurrah for the win! Cheered up your bestie & made a winner!

Helen F. said...

Yay! Congrats on your win, Linda!!