https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T6IUK0w-TiA/X2E7zV8zZNI/AAAAAAAAGYw/9XAeggtxc4YjtBSGgbGsxEauLQ6W4-N3wCLc

Saturday, January 28, 2012

CLEAN & SIMPLE CARDS - DAY 9 & 10 FRIDAY NIGHT STAMPING


I made this CAS card with just the bottom line stamped, but felt it had too much open space on the top and decided to add the other stamping and actually kind of like it.  This is a little more modern than I usually do.  I was surprised how even I got it by just eyeballing.

This was the second card I made Friday night, with the butterfly die cut out and then placing the piece of DP paper behind it.  I like it but thought a smaller butterfly and smallerd strip at bottom might look better.

So today, Saturday I first went grocery shopping and then went to my grandson's basketball game which they won.  It is amazing how they get a little bit better each year they play.  Anyway, after the game I had a few minutes to come to my craft studio and made this card with the smaller butterfly and smaller strip of paper.  I love how this one turned out.  I may make a set of these for my friend at work who will be having a birthday in February.

Then this is how the first card was supposed to turn out.  I think making this a little higher on the card makes it so there is not so much white space on top.  I really like the CAS cards if done correctly.  I think I learned a lot from the class to finally make them successfully.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Good job on the assignment and making CAS cards...I must admit to learning a lot too, and have figured out that you don't have to keep adding little "blings" to the face of the card...sometimes just leaving it simple is really the best! Love the cards, Lin